Sunday 12 January 2014

Day 2 life's good

What a fantastic day ! It wasn't easy getting out of bed this morning especially for me and cammy having had late nights out on Friday .so Ali and bob made the coffee and bowls of cereal and toast with plenty shouting to get me and cammy shifting . It wasn't all our fault thought as  I wanted to go home at midnight , but bob and Ali wanted two more beers beyond midnight which I was too tired for and for once in our over 15yr friendship Ali finished my last pint ! (I was shattered ) 
  On the up side I slept like a log and when we did get up I felt refreshed and ready to go , we decided to ski an area called les houches which is well southofchamonaix a 15-20 Minuit bus trip away .we took our cable car trip up and I must be honest my first 10-15 minuits of skiing the first since last year where not good I just didn't feel right .new boots a hard icy surface and feeling sleepy combined into what could only be called a bit of a negative attitude !  The rest of the boys were well up for it and left me struggling behind ! Fortunately it was just tempory and after the first chair lit to a very nice red run in the sun my confidence and skiing all cameback together . And we were all skiing together like the unit we always are and were all loving it . What a day fantastic sunshine , it would be wrong to complain about too much sun and once we took a few layers off got the sun cream and shades on .we had no reason to complain except that the snow is melting too fast .so some parts of the slope had patches of exposed ice and grass . But we have all skied on much worse so no complaints it was great . All we need is some fresh snow 
    We stopped for lunch at 1pm and we really should know better but we chose a nice place in an ideal location .we grabbed a table for four there was plenty space and bob just ordered 4soups & 4 beers the bill came to €92 we were all take by surprise by that it wasn't even all that great soup lol ! That's £78 for 4soups and four beers ! We learned a lesson from that , which we really should have remembered from previous years if a place looks plush in the alps avoid it ! We could have went next door and got our lunch at a third of the price without the nice decking and sitting on plastic seats but same food, 
     Cammys twin tip skis although very loud he is actually enjoying them and although he had one wee fall( him and bob had a tumble ) due to their easier turning ability he is actually enjoying them , my new boots came good in the end and all of us are happy with our equipment , so after a great days skiing cammys legs were tired and I was struggling to see as the sun was dipping behind the slopes to leave them in the shade.  Ali and bob wanted to take the Kandahar ski run to the bottom ! Me and cam opted for the bubble car down cam's twin tips wouldn't go in the outside ski holder so we had to take his in the bubble car with us, we got stuck with dumb &dumber chatting non stop drivel all the way down the mountain . 
        We got a beer at the bottom then before we even started our beers Ali came on the walkie talkie to say they were down ! 
      Bus back to town then a few beers at the south bars happy hour before a quick spar shopping trip , and I cooked us all chilli made with  steaks and rice .all in all a bloody good day I'm posting this while drinking a Chamonix IPA in a bar called the pub in the town centre and alls well in my world 



1 comment:

  1. Looks cracking lads! enjoy! would love one of those beers right now!

    ReplyDelete