Friday 10 January 2014

Here we go !

It's just under a year since the last ski holiday blog , but it's that happy time again to head to the alps for a week of snow fun ! This year Ali chose our destination way back in May. Ali said he has wanting to ski the Valle Blanche ( possibly the most famous off piste route in Europe ) for years and now feels he is good enough and fit enough to ski it ,it's on his bucket list and as he is heading for his mid fifties he is concerned he may never get the chance again ! It's up to you if you think mid fifties is old or not but I think my mates got a few good year in him yet 
          So Chamonix, it was decided.we have been there together before; me Ali and bob went to Chamonix 6years ago. This time cammy is joining us. He has been away all day today (Friday ) at his friends funeral his mate Rab had a long battle with cancer which unfortunately he lost on Sunday , cammy wanted to go home after the funeral,so hopefully he will be rested and ready for his holiday when he gets his 03:15 wake up call ! 
      I've been out for beers with my bro , Davey Stephens , and Andy Mac and TBH could do with a few more hours sleep but I'm packed ! ( I hope ) Ali and e are paying for extra luggage this year for our ski boots and helmets , helmets are a big issue and talking point this year Ali has been wearing a helmet this past few yeArs me and bob are wearing a helmet for the first time ,cammy refuses point blank to wear one 

No comments:

Post a Comment