Thursday 16 January 2014

The time is flying too fast !

Eat out        So last night we left the chambre Neuf after the band finished and headed to a place called the pub we enjoy the Chamonix IPA in there , there had not been a planned dinner there was still a big bowl of salad in the fridge and a lettuce ! I suggested we just have that and a bigger breakfast tomorrow ! But the boys were like Brits abroad and sent me back to sort out a side salad while they got what would acceptably be called carry out food ! I was hoping to have a healthy week in the alps these boys are fattening me up , a big pizza with extra cheese and chorizo arrived to accompany the salad I put out 
     We are all getting a good nights sleep as it's long days and short nights and were all up at 08:30 to head to the ski area called grand montets , there's a lot of good runs there and we had an excellent mornings skiing even though the visibility could be better, we stopped for coffee around half 11 . Ali and cammy had bought  a can of monster and they got me doughnuts with my coffee to take the piss out my healthy eating , I had brought along nice healthy trek cereal bars ! (It's no easy ) the runs in this area were good and if the sun had been out it would have been perfect , we had a few more runs after coffees then stopped for lunch . 4 soups and 4beers in a nice mountainside alpine building ,it would have been nice to stay longer but the days are going far to quickly as it is ! and our time on the slopes is limited, what we came here for was the slopes, so off we went and done a few more runs ,I've charged up my video camera and Ali has a new attachment on his helmet for cameras, so we got that fixed up and decided around 3pm to head as high up as possible and ski all the way down to the car park/bus stop to call it a day with the video running. and that's what we done. what a great end to a good day I hope the video does it justice we had a fantastic ski down and shared a celebratory beer at the bottom , this came down past a spot where I had a particularly big wipe out 6years ago so I enjoyed it but was wary  
      Once back at the apartment there was 4 individuals trying to decide the best thing to do tonight, we had skied all day and were expecting a full days skiing tomorrow. we like food we like nights out, options were limited for us. Power snooze ? Shower ? Spar for dinner ? Eat out after the band ! Time was marching on. it was now 5pm, the band were due to start at the chambre Neuf ,we want to ski in Italy tomorrow at a place called courmayeur and that requires booking ourselves on the transport as it's through the Mont Blanc tunnel. We have now booked this and looking forward to it!
     Decision made I laid out snacks we had a quick change out of sallopettes and ski gear, we got our jeans on and headed off to chambre Neuf ! And here I am blogging away as the band plays there's a bunch of Irish guys from Munster joined us ,  the band are doing their set it's all good solid rock classics  ,bob and Ali have got the bus for tomorrow all sorted out ,it's paid for and we have managed to get tickets printed out via the bars hotel reception , so if we manage to get up in time it will be an 08:30 bus to Italy tommorow morning!!
        Maybe I should go to bed now and refuse anymore pitchers ! But then again it's not Amstel I'm on tonight it's Murphy's and very tasty, many more beers will be had tonight, it's inevitable!



No comments:

Post a Comment